Monday, January 10, 2011

Temperature Change

I have put off starting this blog as long as possible. This is for several reasons: I don't know what to write about since I am still at home and the fact that I do not enjoy writing, especially when other people will be reading it. However I know some people will enjoy hearing about my trip and how God is working in my life so I am going to power through these issues and try out the world of blogging.

Since I have been home I have been enjoying the nice cold weather, which has produced 3 snows. One of which happened to day. As I write this I am sitting by the fire having just accomplished reading The Lord Of The Rings. Looking online I find that the day I arrive in Ghana the realfeel is 93 degrees.....Yep 93 degrees and no air-conditioning. Now for some people this would be a welcome change from the snowy weather but I do not like the heat. In fact, I despise it. So I'm sure your now saying but Hannah, what did you expect in Africa. Well I was expecting heat but it was not until now, that what that truly means hit me. It is the change in temperature that scares me. If I was going from a hot Georgia summer to a hotter Ghana summer I would not be as concerned. In many ways this temperature change mirrors many other changes I am going through in my life. I recently went to passion (a Christian college conference in Atlanta) and realized that sometimes God calls us to make drastic changes in our lives. It will be uncomfortable just as going from 30 degree weather to 90 degree weather will be, but that sense of discomfort should not stop us but propel us. There are several reasons that I am going to Ghana and they all revolve around this concept. I want to push myself beyond the limits I think I have and fully embrace where God is leading me. I currently see myself as a Saul. He never could have imagined or accepted that God could use in such an awesome way. God changed EVERYTHING about him even his name. If God can do mighty work through a killer of Christians then surely he can do awesome works in those that love him. But it all depends on our willingness to change and accept God’s plan. The first big step from 30 to 90 must be taken.

"For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have."
Philippians 1:29-30

1 comment:

  1. Hannah! this is such an encouraging blog! I am praying for you and that God be refining you while you are surrendering comfort in all areas. I know He is going to strengthen and grow you and continue doing His good work in you until the day of completion. Can't wait to see more updates! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete