Monday, January 31, 2011

Catching Up

Because I have not had Internet in a while I am going to combine several posts in one. Enjoy!

Second Thoughts
I have not fallen in love with Ghana yet. Since I have arrived in Ghana I have been wondering why I am doing this. From the moment I stepped off the plane I have been hot. The only relief I have is a cold shower or an air-conditioned bus ride. Many of you know that I do not handle heat very well and Ghana has no exception in my complaints of heat. However, I am slowly adjusted to sweating all the time. I have been adjusting to lots of things here: heat, food, housing, walking, ect. I know that in time I will become adjusted it just might be awhile.
Another issue I have been having is struggling with homesickness. Now I have not gotten homesick in quite sometime. I had like to think that I had gotten it all out when I was younger but apparently that is not the case. I think that it is because I have been thinking long term. I had a hard time unpacking because it made the fact that I will be here 5 months real. While everything was in the suitcase it felt like I was on another couple week trip and would be home in the air-conditioning soon. I have decided to take one day at a time and try not to think too much ahead. I am hoping that once classes start and I get into a routine then I will settle down and relax.

Sickness
Most of you probably know that I am sick. I went to the clinic a couple days ago after having really bad diarrhea. I was at the clinic from 8:45 till 2:30. During those hours I filled out paper work, waited, had my temperature, waited, saw the doctor, waited, had tests done, waited, got the results from my tests, waited, and saw the doctor again. Overall I was impressed with the clinic and the doctors. It turns out that I have a bacterial infection. I am doing much better now doing much better now that I am on medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment